The case of the missing Rhizomes!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pingi

Reaction score
someone help me! turn me on to a source! i cant find anyone selling hop rhizomes! someone please just send me one!

Did you even read the websites that do sell them?

The Rhisome season doesn't start til' March until then they are all sold out. Furthermore, root pruning doesn;t generally happen til spring lest' you are forced to pull the plant prior to, so I doubt any Homegrowers will have anything to even send you.

Hop rhizomes are planted in the spring as soon as you can work the ground. I bought some in the spring as well as joined a group called Grow_Hops on yahoo, and got 3 free (paid shipping) through that group.

For this year just prepare where you plan to plant them. Test he soil and see what you need to add, put a lot of manure on top and compost if you have it. Make sure it is acidic enough for hops (though they are basically weeds and will grow in most anything).

The plants have to be dormant to ship them. Anything cut now would die before it got to you.

Back