Clipper City tour (Baltimore,MD)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chthonik

Reaction score
If anyone's in or plans to visit Baltimore, I really recommend the Clipper City tour. The owner (Hugh Sisson) conducted the tour we were on, and did a great job of explaining everything, in addition to trashing crappy beer. I've gone on two other brewery tours (Anchor in SF, CA and Dogfish Head in Milton, DE), and Clipper City's was very good.

The only thing I didn't like was that the tour is $5 (which includes 5 tickets for 1/2 pints and a glass you keep).

Plus we got blow-off splashed on us from a huge conical! :rockin:

No, but I think they are moving to weekly tours on Saturday afternoons. I echo the recommendation - I have been twice. The first time we got to drink the barleywine straight out of the conditioning vessels!!

And while in Baltimore, be sure to drink and dine at the Brewer's Art Brewpub. I am a huge fan of their beers -- they have a Belgian Strong Pale Ale that is to die for, if you're a fan of the style.

I've been meaning to make it out to the DFH brewery for a tour. Worth the trip?

Also, I recommend Max's on Broadway in Fells Point. I work a few blocks away so we go there for happy hour often. Beer selection is massive and happy prices aren't bad (if it's not happy hour the prices can be steep).

Second on the Brewer's Art. I go there everytime i go home on leave and have at least a couple Rochefort 10's there. Their Resurrection Ale is great too. Great atmosphere and great beer. Hoping to get stationed around there for a year come this August so hopefully i will be able to go there a lot more and get to Clipper City.

+1 Brewer's Art For me it's all about the Ozzy!:rockin:
+1 Max's- although I'm not a fan of the atmosphere, oh, the selection!

But if anyone is in Fell's Point at Max's, you're really missing out if you don't go by the Wharf Rat too. Cask conditioned English style ales, and almost all of the beers on tap are their own.

Clipper City does their tours twice a month on Saturdays; there are two tours on a day when they run. http://www.ccbeer.com/

Latest posts

Back