Brown Plastic bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abracadabra

Reaction score
FYI

Just in case anyone is interested a package store employee told me last night that when the current stock of plastic beer bottles from Miller is gone that's it. They don't plan on making anymore as they don't sell well.

A 6 pack sold for close to the same price as what the LHBS wants for empties with caps.

From what I understand the caps are good for at least 3-4 uses.

when i dont keg i use coors/miller plastic. love them.had i store save them for me.
got about 300 of them

MA_Brewer said:
:off:
Same phrase used in MA and CT too - in MA it might just be the "packie" though.

Do they actually call themselves "Package Stores?" I lived in the Boston area for a while and never remember seeing them called this. Orr maybe I didn't notice until I moved to Georgia.

MA_Brewer said:
:off:
Same phrase used in MA and CT too - in MA it might just be the "packie" though.

"Packie" is more a Boston thing, I think. I'm trying my best to bring it into the Western-MA vernacular, though.

(I'm also doing my best to teach Cassie that there are only 25 letters in the alphabet :D)

Beerrific said:
Do they actually call themselves "Package Stores?" I lived in the Boston area for a while and never remember seeing them called this. Orr maybe I didn't notice until I moved to Georgia.

Sorry to continue the hijack, but yup:

http://www.capecodpackagestore.com/

storefront.jpg

Thanks, learn something new everyday.

Anyway, to get back on track here:

Plastic beer bottles are great in cities/states where drinking in the streets is allowed (usually not allowed out of glass).

Do these bottles store homebrew well? I would love to use them, but I really don't want to drink that much Miller Light. . .

Navy Exchanges call them Package Stores too, while the Army and Air Force call em' Class 6 stores (whatever that means).

I've read alot on plastic bottles in homebrew books. From everything I've seen they will work just fine.

LIONS_FAN2539 said:
when i dont keg i use coors/miller plastic. love them.had i store save them for me.
got about 300 of them

I thought that Coors used these as well the guy at the package store said no only Miller.

Now I wonder if he knows what he's talking about when he said they intend to stop making and using them.

LHBS want's $17.50 for 24 + $3.50 for caps. I can get a case of miller for about
$25. I can give the beer away at $4 a case.

If I was growing stawberries I could use it for a slug trap.

coors made a nice nfl 18 pack during football season. havent seen them since feb.
i heard they doing again this season.

Back