firestone pressure relief

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mordantly

Reaction score
Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never t
anyone know where to get the pressure relief valve for the firestone lids? its B:

Image9.gif

my only choice thus far, since I have 5 of these lids and 2 of the plastic nuts that hold the valve in are old and cracked.. is to buy NEW complete lids for $25 each. this bites!

All my firestone kegs have the normal pressure release valves on the lids. I haven't seen a single place that sells those.

I have one that needs replaced too. I have considered using a tapered rubber stopper from the back side of the lid to plug the hole. Then to degas just depress gas poppet if needed. Any opinions on this. Derek

im hoping it is an sae thread that i can find a nut in ss and seal with an o-ring. if i can't locate anything, perhaps a piece of 304ss disk welded on top from the inside. i mean who needs the burst releif of 130psi anyways? i don't plan on keeping a full keg in the oven...

I think that I might have a "D" on one of my recently acquired kegs (as well as one of the "B" style).
Anyone know what the replacement for the "D" is?
(Best price on new lids with pull-style relief valves as an option?)

Unfortunately the only style that is still manufactured is style A.

So what is someone to do if they have damaged "B" valves? I think I have 2 or 3 with cracked plastic parts as well...am I going to have to buy all new lids for each instead of just the pressure relief valves?

Guess it is new (used) lids for me.
I'll have to start thinking of other uses for these (fermenters comes to mind).

I thought I saw these at CHI Comapny: http://www.chicompany.net/ Maybe contact them, they seem to have everything.

You can also consider plugging it up with some JBWeld or something. You have to purge by pressing down the gas poppet, but saves you from having to buy a new lid.

You can also consider plugging it up with some JBWeld or something. You have to purge by pressing down the gas poppet, but saves you from having to buy a new lid.

I guess that would work...does anyone have any other more "clean" looking solutions for plugging that hole?

And I checked the CHI company website and they did not have this specific pressure relief valve...

Thanks for the sources on replacement lids.

Will I have the same difficulty in replacing posts/poppets on these older kegs (or were these more standardized)?

I have part C...any way of replacing it with any other? Haha I hate not having a relief valve!

Back