Out standing in my field...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer_John

Reaction score
Hello from Ann Arbor!

I've never brewed, thought about brewing, knew where to find brewing thingies. Then I discovered a few friends that were doing it and I felt that I needed another hobby to be used as an after product of other hobbies (I race RC cars and am a recovering cyclist).

So I pounced on in to my LHBS to purchase an easy peasy Mr.Beer kit. Looked fun, was self contained and ready to go.

By the time I left, I had a chemistry set large enough to brew weapons of mass indulgence.

cooked up my first batch Sunday and it's happily bubbling away now.

Nice community here. I've found what are probably the other 2 majors (BA and AHA), but this board appears to have a bit more depth of character.

So...Hello!

Hello and welcome, Farmer John.

You will certainly find a list of characters here. Enjoy.
And, so you know, it's all down hill from here. Any spare money or time is now gone.

Welcome to one of the most consuming hobby's in the world :D

BTW ...Roadie or Mountain biker ?....(I think I just answered my own question)

Cheers and Welcome aboard

Jeffd10

Welcome to one of the most consuming hobby's in the world :D

BTW ...Roadie or Mountain biker ?....(I think I just answered my own question)

Cheers and Welcome aboard

Jeffd10

Bit of both. All 700c wheeled: Niner MCR, Karate Monkey, Titus Modena, Vintage 70s Torpado fixie and his and her's Schwinnies...

When I get involved in a hobby, I get in a hobby...

Hey that's great welcome aboard! I've been brewing with mr. Beer off and on for about a yr and a half but recently upgraded to real brewing with more than liquid malt extracts lol, I love it and the good thing is, while I get wrapped up in work my beer has time to ferment without me pestering it like when I was jobless lol. And the other good thing is we get beer afterwords! :)

Back