Bottle Cap Trivia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greydog

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, I'm one of those people that when it comes to bottling day, I don't want a bunch of left over wet from Star-san bottle caps that I have to wait for them to dry before I put them away. SWMBO isn't thrilled about the whole brewing thing anyway so, I try to clean everything up as soon as I'm finished.

Here it is! 24 bottle caps weigh 50 gm. on my scale. If I figure a 5 gal. batch will use at least 48=100 gm., I dump them in the Star-san and keep some bulk for the extras.

Yeah, I've got issues.

Greydog

Sorry.
I thought maybe having 24 caps in a baggie ready for bottling day before the actual day would be helpful.
I guess I was wrong.
As an aside, I thought my post might give someone an idea to use their equipment for something other than its original intent.
That's just me.

I appreciate the "thinking outside the box" approach. :mug:

I should have clarified my statement. It's faster for me to count caps that it would be to weigh them on my POS scale. ;)

Well, that's fine until you screw up a cap and need to break out and sanitize a new one...;)

I don't use 12 oz bottles so I usually get 37 1/2 liter bottles from a batch. I just count out 40 and sanitize them. The unused are dried and put away.

Back