Keggle weldless fitting help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dale1038

Reaction score
This is completely ridiculous. Building a keggle. I bought the weldless fitting from weldlessfittings.com.

We were very careful. Our hole is perfect. Right at 13/16th's. Worked on it all afternoon. Leaks!

Needless to say I've been pissed. I said 10 times, "should have just had it welded."

The only thing I can think is the midpoint of the nipple is bigger than the threads. Our midpoint gets put on one side of the keg wall or the other. This makes adjusting it INSANE!

If you put the midpoint of the nipple to the inside.......the coupling won't screw all the way to the midpoint of the nipple, PERIOD!

Almost seems like it's machined incorrectly. Is this normal?

Could our hole be too small?

Should the nipple pass freely through the hole?

My partner seems to think that the HUGE o-rings are to blame. We didn't get to mess with it a ton because it was getting dark. We are very competent do-it-your-selfers. Suggestions? Thank you!

Putting this in both threads. Thanks.

PM's cleared!

I just re-read bargainfittings.com directions on their site.

We tried putting o-ring, locknut, coupling on the inside. Seemed great until....

Valve won't screw half way down the other side of the nipple! I can go buy 5 washers, I guess I just expect it to be perfect for 30-35 bucks?

PM's cleared!

I just re-read bargainfittings.com directions on their site.

We tried putting o-ring, locknut, coupling on the inside. Seemed great until....

Valve won't screw half way down the other side of the nipple! I can go buy 5 washers, I guess I just expect it to be perfect for 30-35 bucks?

What nipple did you get with your set? Post a picture of what you got so we can see the problem.

If it has a flat in the middle of the nipple you don't have the right one for a keg.

NPT threads are not designed to seat all the way down. They are tapered. Even so you should have enough slack out of the nipple to thread down on the outside of a keg if you have a close nipple - Measure the nipple. It should be 1.125 in long.

If the nipple is the right length then you might have a defective thread on your nipple or valve.

Thank you for the quick response. I will check all this out today and get back to you.

If you have the right parts. When you install the nipple, be sure you screw it in from the outside of the keg. I originally screwed it in from the inside, but I could never get a tight enough seal, and there was only about 1/8 of to get the ball valve on after the locknut. When I installed it from the outside, it made a perfect seal.

Got it working. But the valve straight against the keg wall. O-ring and nut on the inside. A bunch of thread tape. Seems good. Sorry for being so pissy about this yesterday. Going to boil up some water. Thanks.

Protip: When you have a problem with a product from a well documented, (and well respected) vendor on Homebrewtalk.com, PM him first before blasting the product in a forum. As you can see, he responds rather quickly...

Edit: Double Protip: I should work on my reading skills....disregard everything I said.

Double that... you've got my business when I get the fittings for my new keggles.
:rockin:

Latest posts

Back