Who is brewing on Sunday???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianTheBrewer

Reaction score
Sunday...yes I know football is on.

Its also a great day to brew some beer.
Anyone brewing on Sunday? I am!

Brewing a partial mash Golden Ale and brewing a Belgian White all grain.

How about you???

No way, football is priority #1, but I am doing work on the keezer collar this weekend. The last of the liquid nails set last night and today I painted. Faucets and shanks are supposed to arrive via fedex by 8 tonight (we'll see) so I'll have it all put together. If I play my cards right then next weekend I'll get it installed on the freezer. Problem is that I'm currently enjoying 6 beers via picnic tap, so when I make the plunge and remove the lid I have to put beer consumption on hold. On the other hand if I really buckle down I might be able to pull it off using MLK day.

I will be joining you with a partial mash chocolate raspberry stout. :mug:

Just did mine today - think I am going to go ahead and brew my other holiday spiced ale tomorrow. Im still pissed about the Franklin/Hendo fight...

I might drink a green beer just because of this...
-Me

Just did mine today - think I am going to go ahead and brew my other holiday spiced ale tomorrow. Im still pissed about the Franklin/Hendo fight...

I might drink a green beer just because of this...
-Me

Stop the presses! JoeMama drinks a green beer laced with yeast! Just kidding, Joe:p I've got my California Steam boiling right now!!

Stop the presses! JoeMama drinks a green beer laced with yeast! Just kidding, Joe:p I've got my California Steam boiling right now!!

You too have now joined the ranks of those I hate ;)

Along with Revvy, Shecky, LG...

Okay, I lied... :fro: (Its almost impossible to not love everyone here to death!)

One thing though, this next brew is a MiniMash - after this forget dealing with MM. AG appears to be much easier considering the steps and all :)
-Me

Tomorrow's a little full with lots of brewing chores, so not sure I'm going to get a chance to brew. Brewing up a mild on Monday, though. Grain is already milled. :rockin:

I'm brewing tomorrow... My first all grain brew! It's a Sam Adams Summer Ale clone kit from AHS

Won't be brewing, but I am doing my first kegging: a lager brewed specifically for Superbowl. It's also my first try at a BMC type beer, so we'll see how it turns out.
And yeah, gonna have to get it in early so's I can watch me some football!

Got my brewing done today... Heff....Quick and easy brew day.
Tomorrow I may just look at what options I have in making a MLT out of my coolers...One round Lowes and a rectangle old style. I may build it and try it on the next brew day.... 3 weeks away.

Hoping to, I have 10 gal of nut brown and 5 gal of Two Hearted Clone planned, if I don't get to it tomorrow I have Monday off.

Just pitched the yeast on a batch of Scotch ale. So no brewing on Sunday.

Mmmmnn! Scotch Ale! Did one of those awhile back and loved it.

Have everything ready to go for an American Amber Ale on Sunday afternoon before the Steelers game.

Nothin in the keg to drink though so I have to revert to Store bought swill.

Salute! :mug:

Yep, I'll be up at 7:30 getting prepped to start brewing at 8:00. Hope to be done before football starts. I'll be brewing my Kolsch recipe with Wyeast American Ale rather than the usual Kolsch yeast. So it won't really be a Kolsch this time around, but it will be fun to see what kind of difference it makes.

Guess I should keg the batch of Vienna SMaSH I made a few weekends ago... That stuff finished up quick... Maybe move the Marris Otter SMaSH upstairs to wake up the yeasties... It seems to have stalled out a tad....

I'm off and running on my first AG brew. Was shooting for 152, hit temp of 153F for the mash so I can't complain about that. We'll see how it goes :D

Brewed a Northwest Pale Ale extract kit from AHS this morning... Second batch ever, and first with a starter. Things went a lot smoother this time. Really liked using my new wort chiller better than the ice bath.

I just wrapped up brewing my first imperial stout. O.G. 1.090, I have a feeling its going to be delicious :)

D*mn fedex...the tracking page said all day long yesterday that the package is supposed to be delivered that day even though it hasn't been scanned in to the local fedex center. Not until the day was totally over (midnight, not even close of business) could the website figure out that it might not be delivered that day, and in fact there is no longer any delivery date estimate at all. Obviously a delay took place a while ago and this could have been forseen. All of this is really doesn't matter that much except that UPS DOES adjust the delivery date as soon as a delay occurs so that you know and can plan accordingly. F*ck fedex.

Just pitched yeast on a single malt IPA. Golden promise for the grain and my first simcoe/amarillo beer.

First try with a stainless false bottom instead of the stainless braid and my efficiency went from 65% to 82% (fly sparging)

Back