Crash chill with krausen??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgonza9

Reaction score
Can I crash chill my 2l starter if it still has krausen on top? I have to step it up for brew day tomorrow. Mrmalty led me to believe that 24 hours would be enough to complete first step.

Thanks for the advice guys. Gotta take advantage of the free time tomorrow to brew!:rockin:

Trying to decant and add 2l of Fresh wort to get to pitch rate for 10 gallons.

Guess I also read so many posts on the crappy beer in starter I decided to chill and decant.

Well, I'm pretty much boring people with this thread, but after two hours in the fridge the krausen seems to be increasing! Any advice?

I would think and I do; when I reach high krausen or close to it I put my starters in the fridge. Then on brew day I place it back on the plate, the yeast get all excited and are ready to work. Especially with a 10 gallon batch I would not stress about pitching the entire starter.... LME as a base won't add anything that you will be able to pick out when it is ready to drink

Latest posts

Back