What's Brewing This Weekend? (6/15-17)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't brew anything, but I drank plenty. Took a nice weekend at a friend's cabin at Deep Creek Lake, MD. 4.5-hr drive sucked, but it was worth it.

I did come across something cool, though...we went into a liquor store (not used to beer/wine and distilled spirits in the same store together!), and they had a little homebrew section...lo and behold, they had packets of dry Montrachet yeast, which is just what I need to make Ed's Apfelwein! And at 49 cents apiece, you can't go wrong. Apfelwein, here I come...

rdwj said:
Is that going to be drinkable by July 14th?
Unfortunatley, no. It needs 21 days in the primary, then 14 days in secondary. Everything went perfectly, too. I hit both my strike water and my OG dead-nuts on!:rockin:

But the Wild Rice Lager has been ready for awhile and I'll be bringing that - if there's any left!:)

:off: Meant to say earlier - cool avatar. The Splits rule!

No brewing this weekend but I talked my wife into helping me bottle two brews. 5g of an IPA and 5g of a cream ale. During the bottling she asked if kegging would be easier and I said yea. She asked when I was going to start kegging. :)
damnit. I love her.

Cheesefood's Boom-Boom next weekend and a Hef immediately following.

Evan! said:
I didn't brew anything, but I drank plenty. Took a nice weekend at a friend's cabin at Deep Creek Lake, MD. 4.5-hr drive sucked, but it was worth it.

I did come across something cool, though...we went into a liquor store (not used to beer/wine and distilled spirits in the same store together!), and they had a little homebrew section...lo and behold, they had packets of dry Montrachet yeast, which is just what I need to make Ed's Apfelwein! And at 49 cents apiece, you can't go wrong. Apfelwein, here I come...

welcome to MD, one stop shopping for [commercial] booze

Latest posts

Back