fridge gone bad, will beer suffer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Movinfr8

Reaction score
Hi, I have just kegged my first batches of brown ale, and apfelwien, and the fridge door was bumped open last night, and the temp was up to 60. I took this as an opportunity to defrost it.
Will it hurt the brews to sit in the hot sunroom for about 10-12 hours while I let the coils of the freezer clear out? Should I try to get them in my main fridge inside, or in a cooler with ice?

they're back inside, and the freezer is down to 30 deg, so theyre on their way back to coolsville! does kinda make me think about finding a dedicated fridge or freezer for beer though, as the kegs not sitting right in the bottom of the fridge is what caused this in the first place...
Norm

Just hooked up my ranco temp controller to the GE 7 cubic foot freezer, set it to 38 degrees, should have an open fridge, and 3-4 cold kegs soon!
Norm
P.s.
Thanks to the board for the help (search) with wiring that controller! it was a little confusing at first...

Latest posts

Back