Holy COW! Blichmanns!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver165

Reaction score
So I'm sitting here watching TV and SWMBO calls from work. She asks if I could VPN into her PC and help her verify something. (I'm a system admin where we work). OK No problem I said.

I login and she as highgravitybrew.com pulled up on her web browser at work. The shopping cart has 3 - 20gal Blichmann's AND a false bottom! I nearly fainted! She was ordering my Christmas present! I quickly acted like I didn't see what she was doing fixed the issue and told her she was good to go.

Holy Cow ... Santa had better not change her mind! LOL

Have you mistreated her in any way recently? Just wait till she gets you a nylon sack and tells you she heard about this really cool BIAB thing everyones been doing.

Sounds like a setup too me....what does she think you're getting her?

damn dont tell me that!!!

I'm going with the fact she didnt think I was close to a PC and could get connected that fast. Dont burst my bubble man

Have you mistreated her in any way recently? Just wait till she gets you a nylon sack and tells you she heard about this really cool BIAB thing everyones been doing.

After you have got her the matching diamond necklace and earrings based on what you saw :D Again, she's a smart women!

Diver165 said:
She's wanting new dinning room furniture.

Doh! She just played me...

damn her...she's good.

Get ahold of some pine pallets and make it yourself. She'll have to love it, its a gift from the heart, like when the kids bring home dyed pasta necklaces from school :D

Diver165 said:
She's wanting new dinning room furniture.

Doh! She just played me...

...she's good.

Ha. Yeah they're sneaky. Hopefully we're wrong and you'll actually have some nice new gear under the tree.

Ha. Yeah they're sneaky. Hopefully we're wrong and you'll actually have some nice new gear under the tree.

Or make sure you give her her present second: If you get the pots she gets her table, no pots = "here darling, I got you a pile of firewood for the winter" :D

High Gravity Brew is an awesome store. I visit on a regular basis! She has good taste!

Man, you have a good one there. I can't imagine my wife doing that. Maybe you pamper her on your anniversary.

Here's a gift idea that brought my wife to tears (odd, but you know, women). Go to a small jewelry shop and buy bare gems for earrings. I've done this twice (once, tanzanite, once diamonds). Small shops get gems on consignment from the bigger markets - my jeweler gets his from Miami. He can keep getting different gems until you see what you want. I.e., I wanted very purple tanzanite - many of them were pale or bluish. Give her the gems, with a catelog of "settings". Most jewelers can make custom settings, too. I kid you not, she got teary-eyed.

passedpawn said:
Man, you have a good one there. I can't imagine my wife doing that. Maybe you pamper her on your anniversary.

I can't either, but its only because she would never dare to make a purchase like that unless she was absolutely sure it was exactly what I wanted. She's always scared she's going to upset me or something... she wanted to get me a gun once as a present, and I had to give her a list of approved options.

passedpawn said:

Here's a gift idea that brought my wife to tears (odd, but you know, women). Go to a small jewelry shop and buy bare gems for earrings. I've done this twice (once, tanzanite, once diamonds). Small shops get gems on consignment from the bigger markets - my jeweler gets his from Miami. He can keep getting different gems until you see what you want. I.e., I wanted very purple tanzanite - many of them were pale or bluish. Give her the gems, with a catelog of "settings". Most jewelers can make custom settings, too. I kid you not, she got teary-eyed.

Thats what i did with my GF's engagement ring. They like having that personal touch over something out of the case.

Latest posts

Back