Beer FG way lower than expected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanwolfhausen

Reaction score
I just put both my 1st parti gyle beers in carboys to let them sit since I have no kegs empty. My first was 1.118 and ended at 1.022 but, my second was 1.077 and ended at 1.004. That is 10points under what I thought. I tasted it and it is great but, why would it end sooo low? I used US-05 slurry with it and used appropriate amount according to mrmalty.

Maybe your mash temp was a little low. On your first beer the yeast petered out because of the alcohol tolerence of the yeast. The parti gyle didn't have to worry about that and went all the way.

Yeah the first I had on my beertools as 1.024 so that went lower than expected too. Both tasted amazing and I am dry hopping the bejezus out of both of them. I really gotta start making some lower % beers.:) I have 16kegged and 5 fermenting and I think maybe 2-3 of them are under 6%.

Yeah the first I had on my beertools as 1.024 so that went lower than expected too. Both tasted amazing and I am dry hopping the bejezus out of both of them. I really gotta start making some lower % beers.:) I have 16kegged and 5 fermenting and I think maybe 2-3 of them are under 6%.

True dat. I always try to have a mixture of ABV on tap. Winter I like bigger beers....but summer is right around the corner (thank God).

Back