bottle caps with a cork insert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryersen

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just picked up a batch of beer bottles and a very old bench capper from a guy on craigslist. Anyways, along with all the stuff he gave me, there was a box of really old cork beer caps. My question is, can I still use them?

Hey everyone,

I just picked up a batch of beer bottles and a very old bench capper from a guy on craigslist. Anyways, along with all the stuff he gave me, there was a box of really old cork beer caps. My question is, can I still use them?
I think if they were mine, i'd save them and buy some fresh ones. They are probably still just fine, but you don't see them anymore. Makes for conversation pieces...

We ended up with some of these. We used them on accident. Each bottle with that cap was flat some had mold. Beer from the same batch with normal caps was just fine. I think the cork caps are for wine...but its just a hunch.

Back