Hooking up my variable propane regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewme

Reaction score
So I bought an adjustable propane regulator for my jet burners and noticed one end of the hose is a male thread that is.5" and goes to the propane tank. the other end of the hose is female and is smaller that .5". Am I missing something here? Why would the female hose connector be less that .5" when it is meant to be used with jet burners?

What should I do in this case? Find a pipe reducer or something?

I think we need a few more details to help you.

Usually, you have a fitting for the propane tank on one side of the regulator. On the other side, you'd have something like 1/4" or 3/8" female NPT threads where you thread the hose in. On the other end of the hose, there's usually a (3/8"?) female flared fitting (sometimes it's pipe threads, though) that looks like the pic below. My pic shows how I connect the hose to my stand. That could also be the jet in your burner, though.

Where are you having the fitting problem exactly?

DSCN3790.JPG

Thanks for posting a picture...that helps a ton. I am missing the brass apart attached to your stand. What is that called and will Home Depot have it?

Home Depot/Lowes should have it. If it's not with the brass plumbing bits, check the area by the water heaters. They usually have a section w/ yellow flex lines and some fittings for gas lines there. I'm sure one of the plumbing guys can help you out.

So I bought an adjustable propane regulator for my jet burners [...]

Where'd you buy it? I can't answer your original question, but I am curious about adjustable regulators. Actually, my real intent is to be able to lower the flow to my BBQ, as it's lowest setting is still too hot for me. (I prefer to just lightly char myself :rockin:)

Where'd you buy it? I can't answer your original question, but I am curious about adjustable regulators. Actually, my real intent is to be able to lower the flow to my BBQ, as it's lowest setting is still too hot for me. (I prefer to just lightly char myself :rockin:)

:off: Tejas Smokers

Found it where the copper is at HD. I hooked everything up...holly crap that burner is awesome. it sounds like a jet taking off!

Back