Using WL005 british ale yeast for evil twin brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkuttack

Reaction score
Im about to brew Jamil's evil twin and was wondering if it was a good idea to use my british ale yeast cake. it should ad a malty backbone to the brew a little more than 001 california ale yeast.

what do you guys think?

I wouldnt. I would want more of a dry finish to that one which I dont think that yeast will do. But really im sure it would work just fine in the end

thanks for the reply i ended up using california ale yeast. its been bottle about a week now so ill be crackin one soon just to see how things are goin :)

well ive been cracking these for a couple weeks now. i have to say this is a great amber, great balance of malt and hops.great recipe. although ive never had the opportunity to try Alesmith's evil dead red which this recipe is based off of, Jamil knows what hes doing and i recommended you brew this one when you get a chance!
cheers

I used WLP005 on a Firestone Walker DBA clone and achieve 81% attenuation on it.. 1062 down to 1012. I didn't expect it to go that far... but it did. I'm pretty happy with it too.

Latest posts

Back