Auto-Siphon & bottle rack questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwndragon

Reaction score
Needed a new racking cane, so I went to pick one up a a local home brew shop and saw the auto siphon so I picked that up instead since I've heard good things about them. They also had the bottle racks and rinsers there so I picked up a 45 bottle one. I swear walking into this place is just like when I walk into the Harley shop or home depot, I go to buy $10.00 worth of stuff and walk out $ 70.00 lighter. I really don't know how I ever bottled without the rack and rinser, I was getting ready to bottle a scotch 80 ale today, it only took me like 30 mins for 2 cases of bottles to clean them.
Anyhow, the questions I have are;
1. Does anyone know of a clip like they use on the small racking canes for the auto-siphon?
2. Does anyone sell just the extra bottle wheels (can't think of what else to call them) for the racks?
Thanks in advance

I haven't seen any clips for the autosiphon, I've looked (although not too hard). It should be fairly easy to make your own, especially a ghetto one. Maybe use a clothes pin and a hose clamp?

yeah, no clip/holder exists for the auto-siphon. its only needed for buckets...a carboy mouth holds it mostly in place.

Thanks for the help.
I figured I was going to have to make my own clip, no big deal, I'll just modify the one I have for the smaller tube. I figure if I cut down a piece of PVC pipe I have and epoxy it to the small clip it should work. I've got to remember to check the morebeer site more often, I keep forgetting about that one. I normally check Northern, Midwest and Austin and figure if they ain't got what I'm looking for, then I'm not going to find it.
Again, thanks

Yep, I know what you mean. Last week, I went into the local homebrew shop for a pack of Wyeast and I walked out with a $96 receipt. What's really crazy is that they didn't even have the yeast that I went to get! So I didn't even buy any yeast that day. I think they are starting to like when I come walking thru their doors.

Yeah, it's like for me too. Sometimes I even walk out forgetting all about what I went in for. It's like a big toy store LOL. Widgets and gadgets, can't live without them.

I used one of the regular black spring loaded racking cane clips and bent the tabs that hold the cane wider to accept the auto siphon. I then took a regular rubber band and wrapped it around the clip and auto siphon several times. The rubber band slides up and down well enough to allow for depth adjustment.

Back