newbe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonz

Reaction score
im going to brew my 4th batch, a columbus ipa. i took apart my more beer bucket valve and dont remember if the o ring should be on the inside or out side when i put it together. and one more thing,i've read abought adding the lme late in the boil,somthing like 2/3's at 15 min left in the boil...dose that mean i add the first 1/3 at the start or just leave it out?any help is much appreciated.

I put the o ring on the inside of my bucket. I would say that it doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't leak. Test it with a significant amount of water. I did a bottling batch and tested with about 2 gallons of water. When there was about 3 gallons of beer transferred it started dripping.

For the extract you need to use all the LME that is called for. I did one where there were a lot of hop additions late so I put some in at 60 and more at 30 20 10 and 5. Really just stopping the LME addition to add the hops at the proper times. It turned out great, and lighter in color that all at the boil start.

Latest posts

Back