phat tyre yeast alternative

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilsojos

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to brew nb phat tyre kit. I ordered it with safale us-05 but am wishing I would have got wyeast Belgian abbey. My lhbs deals in white labs so would their Belgian ale yeast be comparable? If not, any other suggestions? Or, will the safale be ok?

wilsojos said:
I'm getting ready to brew nb phat tyre kit. I ordered it with safale us-05 but am wishing I would have got wyeast Belgian abbey. My lhbs deals in white labs so would their Belgian ale yeast be comparable? If not, any other suggestions? Or, will the safale be ok?

Safe ale will be fine. Its a standard ale yeast. a lot of people swear by it.

The wyeast 1214 belgian abbey is the same strain as the white labs WLP500 Trappist ale. Great strains, but they do take their time starting fermentation so be patient.

You can use the liquid yeasts, either one is good. But you bought and American amber ale kit. If your goal is to "clone" the phat tire, use the yeast that came with it.

If you want to experiment go for the liquid.

That's the cool thing about homebrewing, the possibilities are endless.

Back