Help with Carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoeconner

Reaction score
I bottled my beer Friday. I added 3/4 cup of corn sugar to 5 gal batch. I just wanted to try one but found out that its not carbing up at all. It sat for 4 days at 70' F. Should I have added more sugar or wait longer for it to carb?

3 weeks at 70 degrees is the general rule. However, since I am noob, I don't understand many of the fine details. I am sure an expert can point them out and correct me if I am wrong.

Let it sit, i usually open a bottle each week to check carbonation and flavor. Alot of guys will tell you they wait three but i found that this method gives me confidence in my brew. For example: I do this on every brew, every week i open a bottle(i use small recappables, usually make 6 or so) and based on taste i can tell if the beer is on track(usually). It keeps me from frakin out and posting a panic thread.

Latest posts

Back