secondary aging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jean

Reaction score
Hi,

I am planning to age a beer in a secondary for couple of month, but I have only one refrigerator so the temperature in a secondary will not be controlled. what do you think about it?

What sort of temperatures are we talking about? Too high a temp could prematurely age/stale the beer. What kind of beer is it? A little info would help to determine if it's a safe idea.

Hi,

It will be stout (ale) i want to age it with oak, the temperature range will be around
77-86 F (25-30 C)

Thanks

The fermentation will be at 62.6 F 17 C the aging in a secondary will be at room temperatures mentioned above, the fermentation will be fully finished in primary only the aging with oak will be in a secondary ( at higher temperatures). What can be the effect of it?

Toss it in a bucket of water and add frozen water bottles each day as needed. I've even done lagers this way with almost no deviation off of the intended temperature.

Latest posts

Back