Going through the Big "V" and i don't mean Vegas.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the big V back in 2007. I have two kids. A boy and a girl. Honestly, if I had to choose between a vasectomy and getting a cavity filled at the dentist, I'd choose the vasectomy. It was way easier. They gave me a valium to take before the vasectomy. I didn't feel a thing. The worst part, was when my ball hair was growing back a few days later. Kind of like having one of those Wal-Mart cactuses in your pants. It was itchy. Two weeks later, and it was like nothing happened. I haven't had any pain since. I never went back in and had a sperm count done either. We just took our chances. Almost four years later and she hasn't been pregnant. I guess it worked. My wife loves it because she doesn't have to take birth control any more and she feels better.

she doesn't have to take birth control any more and she feels better.

Can i just add how awesome this is???

After our daughter was born i went back in and got my tubes tied... was it invasive? yes. did i hurt after? yes. The whole experience was not fun for me. Somehow... knowing that i am safe from getting pregnant again is fantastic. Hormonal BC sucks, really.
If you had asked me 15 years ago if i ever wanted kids i would have told you 'HELL NO!' - and i changed my mind around 28 or so.
I guess what i am trying to say is that you guys that are getting snipped so your wife doesn't have to go through surgery are doing a good thing. :)

1. It's cheaper
2. It's quicker
3. It's more effective
4. It's still usually reverseable
5. It's cheaper

So why would you have your lady go through a surgery??

post surgury - Day 10 update.

Plumming works great. Stitch hasn't healed completely and i feel like the cactus is in my pants. but the pain has subsided. down side: my sack looks nasty from the bruising. was really blackandblue for a while and it is now healing. it will get better with time.

have to be vigilent with the dog and kids jumping on lap. :)

Back