How do you enter a beer in Catagory 21 A ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinglejohn

Reaction score
I entered into my first comp a few weeks back and got my eval sheets back today, all my beers scored decently and i found it extremely helpful.

I had an issue with my Cayenne porter in 21 A, it scored well but the judges said i didnt tell the the base style so they couldnt judge it against the style and it would have done alot better.

I can dig that but when i filled out the entry forms, there was no place to add a base catagory. Where do I enter that in the future?

I entered into my first comp a few weeks back and got my eval sheets back today, all my beers scored decently and i found it extremely helpful.

I had an issue with my Cayenne porter in 21 A, it scored well but the judges said i didnt tell the the base style so they couldnt judge it against the style and it would have done alot better.

I can dig that but when i filled out the entry forms, there was no place to add a base catagory. Where do I enter that in the future?

Did you enter with paper forms or online? In either case there should have been a way to say that it was a porter and it had cayenne.

Did you write cayenne anywhere? You should have written Porter in the same place (or robust porter, brown porter, baltic porter if you wanted to indicated that the base beer was one of those classic styles). So "Cayenne Robust Porter" or whatever instead of "Cayenne".

I did write porter in the name, and cayenne and chocolate under special ingredients, so is that where i would specify the style?

Sounds like the problem might not have been with you but with the competition properly pulling the info off the entry form.

I just rechecked the forms, turns out that it says special ingredients/classic style.... Oops. Learned.

All three judges noted that it would have scored higher had i specified style. It was scored at 36. I feel pretty good about that.

Latest posts

Back