My New Potential Name/Logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordsoth

Reaction score
After a lot of brain storming, I think I finally came up with a good name for my brewery. I wanted something that would reflect me, and I love horror movies, particularly those of the zombie persuasion. End result...Zed Brew. :rockin:

zedbrew.jpg

I'm sure I'll change my mind again, I've already done it once. Here is what I came up with originally. I thought since my name is Clint it would be cool to do a spin-off of Clint Eastwood movies. That never really came to fruition.

label.jpg

HighPlainsDirfterPaleWheatAle2.jpg

"Zed is dead," when I hear that name it reminds me Pulp Fiction and "the scene" hahaha...

I like your artwork though, what are you using corel or AI?

"Who's motorcycle is this?

It's not a motorcycle it's a chopper.

Who's chopper is this?

Zed's.

Who's Zed?

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead..."

classic!

Lol, thanks for the "zed's dead" references, I never even thought about that! I guess it could work on two levels?

btw, I use AI for logos and photoshop for labels.

wow. that is one of the hippest and cleanest logos i have seen. i love zombies and beer, put them together and you get - ZED BREW! can i have one?

Unique, simple, and brilliantly executed. If you decide against this one the replacement needs to be really F’ing good.

I like it, but have a stoopid question. I'm obviously not as much of a zombie fan as some folks so... What does "Zed" have to do with zombies? I seem to have missed a cultural reference in my life. :)

I love the zed logo. I guess im not huge into zombie movies but i guess you could say im a zombie for beer so it works for me!

Hmmm...I wonder how I could combine the two ideas? ZOMBIE EASTWOOD! lol

BTW as far as I know the term "Zed" to describe zombies originated from World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide, two novels written by Max Brooks. World War Z is presently being made into a movie. :rockin:

Zed is also the way they pronounce the letter Z in the UK so i think it caught on as slang in the zombie scene, just a guess though.

BTW as far as I know the term "Zed" to describe zombies originated from World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide, two novels written by Max Brooks. World War Z is presently being made into a movie. :rockin:

Ahh yes, my daughter is dying for that movie to come out. Both because of the book and because the movie is being done by the creator of Babylon 5.

Between the zombie cartoon silhouette and the Clint Eastwood labels, I'm seeing a lot of connections to the Gorillaz song/video from a few years back. Good, simple design though.

Back