Outdoor Kegerator - What Fridge to Use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtobrew5

Reaction score
I'm building a bbq island and intend on having a grill, an all purpose fridge and a dual tap kegerator. The pre-built kegerators are ridiculously expensive, plus a lot of them appear to be freestanding units, whereas mine is intended to be a built in. I'm handy enough to convert a refrigerator into a kegerator, but can't figure out what fridge to use (for asthetics, I would prefer to use the same unit for both the all purpose fridge and the kegerator). I plan on everything being stainless, and it's got to hold up in the elements (I live in SoCal, about a mile from the beach, so I don't get drastic temperatiure swings, but things do seem to rust a little quicker than further inland).

Any suggestions on a unit would be helpful (or locations to scout them out). So far I've found it hard to figure out which units will work. The online retailers don't give enough detail to figure out if there's a hump in the back or if two soda kegs plus a CO2 cannister will fit, and I haven't found any ones that work from the brick and mortar places that I've gone to.

Anybody know anything about this unit from costco and whether it would work?

http://tinyurl.com/3dj4fy6

Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back