help with an IIPA all grain recipe with jackfruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jourelemode

Reaction score
can someone help me create a recipe for a double IPA. I'd like to use fresh frozen jackfruit in it. I want some jackfruit flavor to shine through, and some aroma, but I don't want it to compete with the hops. I want it to be fresh and clean tasting. A jackfruit is kind of like a tart banana, or pineapple, even mango flavor. I'll just be making a test batch so its gonna be 2 gallons after the boil. maybe around 7-8%abv. It'll also be an all grain brew. I really like how pliny the elder tastes, maybe something similar to that, but I want to add jackfruit. The basic recipe for pliny is pretty simple, its just the hop additions that really bring it to life so I what do you guys thing for a hop schedule if I want to use jackfruit?

thanks

Your post led me to google jackfruit, which I had never heard of before - very interesting.

As for your question, I think its interesting that you want to add fruit (or any additional flavors) to double IPA. I would be concerned that the fruit and the hops would compete, or one would overwhelm the other.

Back