God's Country

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
i'm convinced that the Texas Hill Country is God's country. every time i go, we discover something new and just have a blast. you have great micro-brewer's, brew pub's, vineyards out the wazoo, and the best damn BBQ in the country!
my wife and i did a long weekend and covered 1 brewery, 3 wineries, 1 brew pub, an olive orchard that makes their own cold pressed extra virign olive oil, and ate some great food. We hit Wimberely, Driftwood, San Marcos, Fredericksburg, Johnson City (home of LBJ), Dripping Springs, and Blanco. i knew better than to venture into Austin, becaue we never would have made it home. i hated coming back to work today!!!!!

if ever given the opportunity, i suggest a few days to explore, taste, and eat what the Texas Hill Country has to offer. the landscape is beautiful and the climate rocks. good stuff man, good stuff..........

DeRoux's Broux said:
and the best damn BBQ in the country!
It's a bitter pill to swallow, but you're right...especially about the BBQ. :cool:
Add all the stuff to do in that orange town, and it is pretty tough to beat, tho Kansas City pretty impressive for a lot of the same reasons.

I've never been, but from what I've read of it, it looks like a prime retirement area for me. Of course it'll probably be ruined by the time I get to be that old and financially stable.

My brother used to live in Dripping Springs, but again, I've never been there.

Yeah you better hurry, Sam. Fast as Austin and San Antonio are growing in another ten years they're gonna be calling it The Texas Hill City :D

that would be a good place to retire. i'm like you. the granite rocks will probably be reduced to dust by the time i get to retire .........

we try to go 2-3 times a year. i gotta keep up with my favorite brewery (Real Ale Brewing Co.). plus, they're building a new one that's supposed to be up and running by years end. so, that means another road trip!

Back