Homebrewing Workshop, Pittsboro, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etcetrah

Reaction score
Hello all,
Most of you reading this already brew proficiently, but if you know someone who's on the fence about entering the homebrewing hobby and who's interested in seeing and trying out the brewing/bottling process before diving in, I'm offering a 4 hour workshop this Saturday, October 27, 2012, from 12-4pm.

The workshop is being sponsored by the Abundance Foundation, a local food advocacy group located in Pittsboro, NC, which is just south of Chapel Hill in Chatham County. We will be brewing a simple, but tasty, extract blonde ale batch. We'll also be bottling a batch of the same recipe I brewed two weeks ago for participants to take home with them and sample after carbonating.

During the course of the workshop, we'll discuss some basic brewing theory, ingredient choices, types of beer, etc. The goal is for a complete newbie to develop enough of a comfort level with the process and equipment to begin their own homebrew journey.

If you know of anyone who may be interested, check out the link below. Sorry for the late notice on this. I didn't realize until today that there was a relatively local forum on Homebrewtalk to post something like this.

http://theabundancefoundation.org/diy-2012/beer-october2

Cheers!
Kevin

Back