Black Rock Whispering Wheat Can Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alaskajoe

Reaction score
I brewed a can of this Black Rock Whispering Wheat, the kind from the kit can where you add sugar and water. I put it in the primary on 1/19/10. Honestly, I kind of forgot about it, but remembered and checked it this evening. It is sitting between 1.015 and 1.010. Is this a stuck fermentation or is it still good to move to secondary? It's been what, 13 days now? My wife threw the can out the next day, so I don't have a reference point from the label instructions. Any help?

It is in the 64-68F range.

Any last step add-ins that would go well with this? I mean, assuming it's worth drinking.

My question is, where did you find a Black Rock product? I didn't think they were imported into the US any longer. I always had good success with their kits.

I picked up the kit at the local homebrew shop here in Anchorage, likely some time ago along with some of my first equipment.

Well I guess it will be worth drinking if you don't mind a lot of alcohol without a lot of flavour. But your next brew could be a whole lot better if you start here http://www.howtobrew.com/section1/chapter3-1.html

I normally don't brew the can scenario. In fact I have never done so...I literally just found it in the back of the closet and decided to give it a go. Not my normal way of doing things for sure.

Back