Too much heat in my smokey chipotle porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickest_stick

Reaction score
What up! So I found a solid resource for my smokey chipotle addition to my session porter. It called for .4 oz dehydrated smokey chipotles for three days. I placed .3oz in a hop bag and after 24 hours it is already over my preference target on the heat. I pulled the hop bag. So, process to mellow the heat as expeditiously as possible is my aim on this thread.

I put the fermenter in the fridge to push/floc everything, including the chipotles. I plan to secondary in a week. From there is it better to leave the brew at room temp, or continue the cold conditioning. The goal: to reduce the heat as quickly as possible. I have 7 weeks, non-negotiable unfortunately as im sure 3 or 4 months would do nicely in this pickle.. Thoughts?

Let's leave blending out of the conversation. That is a solid fix and I may go that route, but that aside, Im curious, whatcha got?

Appreciate the time, and talent.

Back