Ph meter for all grain ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd wonder why at the home brew level you would need that? Simple test strips would be as far as I would go if I felt I had PH issues. But I do understand the need to have beer toys.

I'd wonder why at the home brew level you would need that? Simple test strips would be as far as I would go if I felt I had PH issues. But I do understand the need to have beer toys.

pH strips are worthless for mashing, IME.

The linked meter is about what you would want. The Milwaukee phep5 is similarly priced and widely used by homebrewers (including me). So I can recommend the phep5 personally.

Your pH meter shouldn't be anywhere close to steam. I brew outdoors and measure my pH in the kitchen. Baby the electrode.

Do you know why? I've not tried it so if I can save some wasted effort that would be good.

The best strips have a resolution of .3 pH which is not good enough. Moreover reading them is subjective and they appear to have a bias.

Back