Second batch in the works

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amishbrewing

Reaction score
I just completed my second batch of beer. It is a Brewers Best kit of Imperial Blonde Ale. The whole process went a lot smoother than the first batch. I think I was over thinking it the last time. I got the temp of the wort down to pitching temp very fast by using a sink filled with ice for 30 minutes. After that I brought level to the 5 gallon mark by using refrigerated water, making sure the OG was in the specified range. It came in at 1.068 at 73 degrees. Placed it in the pantry closet with my first batch that will be bottled next weekend. Things are coming together very nicely. Pretty excited. Not sure what I want to do next. I have an Oatmeal Stout and now an Imperial Blonde Ale. Guess I will do a Lager

Lagers are great as long as you can control the temperature. The lower you can go on the yeast's temp tolerance the better. Maybe a kolsch?

Or how about a saison with summer coming?

Like hops? How about an English-style IPA?

Back