Why so many Brutus hoses ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bru

Reaction score
Most of the pics of Brutus and Lonnies videos I only see two hoses being used yet there is a whole stack of them stored on the frame. Why do you need more than two hoses ?
Also (while on the brutus hose topic) - for the QDs - I was thinking of putting the female sides on the hose ends and the male sides on all the fixed points - is that correct ?

You need 6 hoses to do a recirc chill with a therminator (or other plate chiller). Three for the wort side, three for the water side.

Add a Hop Rocket and you need at least one more hose on the wort side yielding a total of 7.

I have 7 hoses now but the one not mentioned is the discharge hose for when I use hose water to do the chill down (i.e. don't recirc ice water).

My males and females are mixed depending upon the application. All of the hoses have the males on the ends, it really depends on your thermocouple arrangements.

Back