Tucson, AZ water profile results from water dept.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best beers Ive ever made where from using well water down here in Vista. We really do have a great mineral composition here, we're just a little lacking in the salts area.

Just moved in a few months ago. Howdy, neighbor!

If you ever have cause to drive down here, stop by Brew Your Own Beer on the way and pick up 7-8 bags of base malt for me! i'll buy you a bag for the trouble! should last us the same amount of time....lol, last time i bought 6 bags because a buddy goes up there often, only $35 a piece at the time.....then i started malting my own, but i'm getting lazy....

Thank you for the link! I am not sure how to use it, as the info Beersmith wants is in a different format (ppm). And, a lot of what BeerSmith wants is not there, like Ca/Mg/Na etc. Probably a newb problem, but not sure how to get beyond it.

I have thought about RO, but unsure which way to go with that. I used to have an under the sink RO system a few houses back, which was fantastic. It came with the house and I have no idea how expensive it would be to recreate.

Thank you for the link! I am not sure how to use it, as the info Beersmith wants is in a different format (ppm). And, a lot of what BeerSmith wants is not there, like Ca/Mg/Na etc. Probably a newb problem, but not sure how to get beyond it.

I have thought about RO, but unsure which way to go with that. I used to have an under the sink RO system a few houses back, which was fantastic. It came with the house and I have no idea how expensive it would be to recreate.

Yep, it has very limited information. As far as buying a RO system, there are many out there to choose from. WaterTec in Tucson serves about 60,000 customers and they installed a second RO system at my place. Just be sure IF you go with a RO system of any kind, make sure it has an automatic leak shutoff sensor. It will save headaches if the worse happens.

You could have Ward Labs analyze your water from the tap. You could buy bottled water and build your different water profiles from BS with that.....

Below is what I received from Ward Labs awhile ago....

Attachments

• Ward Water Results Water Name Edited Out.pdf
    90.3 KB · Views: 8
Back