how much should I offer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I offered $50 to start with... I hope I didn't p1ss him off!
it also has a regulator with it.

That fridge looks like crap, so it's value is 0, the price should just be you picking it up.

For the fittings, shank, co2 tank, faucet, and a sankey tap, ya, $50-100 sound about right

Yeah, if its anything like around where I am, you can get an old fridge for free. Consider that it sounds like you'll have to replace all the lines (although I probably would anyways - cost about $10), basically what you are buying is a used faucet/shank, CO2 tank and regulator, and sanky connector (which are nice to have around, but if you're just using for cornies right now not really a lot of use to you). I didn't see a picture of the CO2 tank, so I'm not sure how big they're talking about.

Looking at Kegconnection, a new set would run you about $150 (minus the keg and obviously the fridge). If its hard to stumble across free fridges and don't want to have to worry about drilling through them (real easy on the door, harder on the side like they show), $100-125 would be about right. If you can find a free fridge fairly easy and don't mind a little DIY, you could make yourself a nice one (perlick faucets, new co2 tank, etc) for $175 or so.

Well, he didn't balk at the price, so I am gonna go check it out tomorrow night....

so I went and looked at the beer fridge... it was a apartment sized fridge that had a decent tap, regulator, sanke connector, another connector I have never seen before, and a 20# CO2 tank mostly full.
the fridge half assed worked, and the regulator worked fine, so I offered $40 and got it!

next stop; replace hoses, get fittings for a corny, clean everything, and finding a corny.

will post pics later...

Latest posts

Back