Starting Anew in Rancho Cordova, Ca

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damien

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. Been brewing for years. One of the new roommates I'm currently living with has celiac disease so I delved into making cider as an inexpensive and quick way to convert my operation towards gluten free alcoholic bliss. At the moment I have 2 gal of some premium organic flash pasteurized cider fermenting with lalvin ec-1118 for the last 11 days, I'm bottling on the 13th. Next I will have 3 gal of apple hill cider that I'm giving to a saison yeast. Cheers! :mug:

ryanmcl said:
you are a kind man my friend.

Thank you sir. Unfortunately I just took a sample today and liked the taste a lot. My roommates thought that it was very apple-y and dry. They didn't like it. Considering I used a champagne yeast that is exactly what I was hoping for. Anyway, there is a local cider competition the end of next month that I will enter and see if I can't win some props.

Latest posts

Back