Obama is a homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty neat, even if he doesn't brew himself still though. If I was "suddenly" became president I would like to keep brewing. I read that he did brew it himself though

Wouldn't the recipe fall under the Freedom of Information Act anyway?

EDIT: I see there were a few posts on the previous page that I missed that already brought this up.
Nevertheless, I wonder if anyone has gone to the trouble of filing one yet, instead of creating an online petition.

No, it would not fall under FOIA. Why not? It's not an official government document that has genuine public interest needs. You can't FOIA the recipes used in the White House kitchen either, because the chef their can do whatever she wants, and isn't required to give out her recipes. Just like you can't force POTUS to give up some secret family recipe for whatever through FOIA. Just because he's a public figure, doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to keep some things private and proprietary.

Also, what the hell is the point of doing the petition? I figure if he's a serious homebrewer, someone should just email him and ask for it:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments

Rather than a petition. It's not some matter of public policy - it's homebrew for crying out loud. And if he doesn't want to share, that's his prerogative, just like it's yours if you don't want to share your recipes.

Also, what the hell is the point of doing the petition? I figure if he's a serious homebrewer, someone should just email him and ask for it:

We know he is no a serious brewer or her would be on thus site every day.

You know if the recipe gets released people are just going to ***** that there aren't enough hops.

I guess if you're truly adventurous you can make the connection that it's a honey ale, and honey naturally has schizosaccharomyces, which was discovered in millet, which is made in Africa, so it's proof he's a Kenyan Muslim terrorist trying to destroy America one IBU at a time.

ReverseApacheMaster said:
You know if the recipe gets released people are just going to ***** that there aren't enough hops.

I guess if you're truly adventurous you can make the connection that it's a honey ale, and honey naturally has schizosaccharomyces, which was discovered in millet, which is made in Africa, so it's proof he's a Kenyan Muslim terrorist trying to destroy America one IBU at a time.

Best post on this thread yet!

No way!?! We pay someone to brew for Pres. Obama?!?

Finally, precedent by way of President to get my hoochwerks running!

Damn, my post got deleted quickly! Either that or I've drank too much tonight and thought I had posted when I didn't according to reality.

Signed the petition and sent the link to four other people I know will sign it. I'd like to taste what prez is drinkin.

Blasphemy...!!!

Everyone knows it is "God is Great" that makes the beer.
Heretic.....

By the way...........Obama brews beer. :ban:

I just stir the wort with my Divine Rod of Brewing and and it starts bubbling 45 out of 50 times.

Your nuts if you don't.

:D

So, does Obama have a ghetto like setup as most of us, or does he have all kegging equipment, I just don't see the White House using a 5 gallon bucket, a deluxe glass carboy maybe??.......

So, does Obama have a ghetto like setup as most of us, or does he have all kegging equipment, I just don't see the White House using a 5 gallon bucket, a deluxe glass carboy maybe??.......

No...you're believing that Obama is involved in the process any further than drinking and pissing is giving the man far too much credit.

They already said they'd release it when they've perfected it. And it will appear on the white house's food blog.

Obama Foodorama

(And then there will be ANOTHER 100 redundant threads about it on the same day......)

Permission denied!

"This blog is open to invited readers only"

Is the source reliable?

Permission denied!

"This blog is open to invited readers only"

Is the source reliable?

Probably too many asshats started trolling on it over the weekend or homebrewers flooded it with requests for the recipe and they took the blog out of the public eye.....It doesn't take too many jerks peeing in the pool, before they close it....

I couldn't care less what Obama is drinking or any other past / future president for that matter. A Honey Ale... how adorable.

Signed. And posted on facebook. Takes less than five seconds, do it everyone.

I've been thinking about this for a while since the most recent spate of White House Beer threads popped up again, and I just don't have any interest in their recipe.

There are hundreds of great recipes out there. Many times more than I could ever brew in my lifetime. What makes the White House recipe better than any one of those?

I think the bigger question is: Is the president breaking any laws when he hands out beer to people on his re-election trips? Each state has varying homebrew laws. Does he inform himself of each state's laws beforehand?

"Siri, tell me the homebrew laws of Missouri!"

It's not about whether we have interest in the recipe - it's about providing some legitimacy for a historic part of the heritage of the US. We're a country that has had brewers for longer than we've been a country. The more press craft and home brew gets the better for our hobby. This is certainly likely to get some attention if the signature threshold is met.

Obama brews beer....?
Seriously....?

What you talk'n bout Willis...!?!?

Next thing yo'll be telling me is that he drinks it on the bus...you know..."Tax Payer One".

Thanks for bringing this epic post to my attention.
This changes everything I ever thought I knew about brewing.

Damn....Obama brews....what a country!

Repost.jpg

What if the recipe turns out to be mediocre at best? I'm sure it's nothing too far from what recipes we already have access to...

Compared to some of the other petitions on the site this one should be a soft ball! Good or bad it doesn't really matter. The point is that it is a beer brewed IN THE WHITE HOUSE by (or with) a standing PRESIDENT. I signed the petition...any positive PR for homebrewing is a great thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back