A beautiful weekend!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We spent the weekend at the cottage. We had my daughter, her boyfriend, and my son over for dinner on Friday night. We made my daughter's favorite "comfort food" meal- meatloaf (with venison and lamb), roasted garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed green beans, and corn bread. All of her favorites. We served chokecherry wine, and for dessert oatmeal stout.

On Saturday, we had our final fish fry of the year with some of our favorite friends. The weather was beautiful- warm and sunny. It was a perfect weekend, filled with people we love.

In the morning, I woke up late (7 AM) and walked out of my front door to this view:

DSCF2138.jpg

It was a quiet, still, beautiful morning. I stood there with a coffee cup in my hand and took it all in. There were many chickadees and squirrels about, but otherwise it was all quiet. I was in awe of the stillness. I almost grabbed my kayak and went out, but I was still in my pajamas and couldn't summon the energy. The weather will definitely change in the next few days, but for that moment, I just basked in the warmth of the sun and watched it glisten on the lake.

It was beautiful here this weekend too. It was around 65 yesterday and over 70 today. I spent my weekend cleaning the garage and basement, but it was a wonderful weekend to do it.

Back