Square D Trilliant 50A breaker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerofgeorge

Reaction score
I thought adding a breaker to my main panel would be one of the easier steps in going all electric...not so! I have a Square D Trilliant panel and I'm trying to find a 50A breaker. Unfortunately, my panel has been discontinued so I'm having trouble finding them. A few places have them but they were more than $300!!! I found one that was $120 but I don't know if that price is accurate since it's so much lower.

Anyone else have this panel and a source for the breakers? I wasn't planning on spending over $100 for the breaker plus another $50 for the spa panel.

Here's a link to the breaker: http://www.breakerbreaker19er.com/servlet/the-14421/new-square-d-trilliant/Detail. Part # is SDT250.

I am looking for a cheap breaker without a gfci for the main panel. The breakers I'm seeing don't specify that they have a gfci (I would assume they don't then) and they're still crazy expensive.

You might want to call Breakers Unlimited and see if they have what you are looking for. You can't buy direct from them, but they have a massive selection of obsolete products.

If they have it, you'll have to buy through a local reseller.

I am looking for a cheap breaker without a gfci for the main panel. The breakers I'm seeing don't specify that they have a gfci (I would assume they don't then) and they're still crazy expensive.

Holy cow I just spent 30 minutes searching and only found those 300+ dollar breakers. I would seriously consider replacing the panel.

You might want to call Breakers Unlimited and see if they have what you are looking for. You can't buy direct from them, but they have a massive selection of obsolete products.

If they have it, you'll have to buy through a local reseller.

Thanks TrainSafe. I'll see if they can help out.

I guess replacing the panel is an option. It just adds more to the total (I was pricing my entire system out last night and it didn't look pretty). And yes, I would definitely have a qualified electrician do that kind of work.

I do have an available 30A breaker in the panel but I was going for 50A so I could run two elements at once.

I sure hope that your comment was not directed towards me.

Just saying...

lol.don't worry PJ it wasn't. judging from the 100+ wiring diagrams you have made. i would imagine that you would be able to do that.

i was talking to the guy that has the breaker box in his house.

and PJ why dont you respond to my pms?

Thanks TrainSafe. I'll see if they can help out.

I guess replacing the panel is an option. It just adds more to the total (I was pricing my entire system out last night and it didn't look pretty). And yes, I would definitely have a qualified electrician do that kind of work.

I do have an available 30A breaker in the panel but I was going for 50A so I could run two elements at once.

yea i can wire an entire house pretty much... but i would not even attempt that. You figure.. you may have to eventually replace it anyway. You could at least call around and get a few quotes, then go from there.

and PJ why dont you respond to my pms?
I'm sorry about that. I have been in over my head for a while now. I've recieved over 20 PM requests this week alone for diagram stuff. Plus I've been really under the weather which does not help one bit...

I will get to the one for you. Please be patient.

I'm sorry about that. I have been in over my head for a while now. I've recieved over 20 PM requests this week alone for diagram stuff. Plus I've been really under the weather which does not help one bit...

I will get to the one for you. Please be patient.

oh thats no problem.im in no hurry. its gonna be a slow build.
i wasn't even sure you were getting the messages.
I hope you feel better soon.

Latest posts

Back