Best Craft Beer of the Month Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthewjscott

Reaction score
My wife and I got her dad hooked on craft beer and would like to get him a subscription to a beer of the month club. Any suggestions?

All I know is that my soon to be father in law received one as a gift and all the beers were crap. So it is a good idea to ask here about a good one. Good luck wish I could be of more help.

My girlfriend got me one for christmas last year i forgot the name of the site but a 12 pack is sent every month 2 styles from 2 different brewerys 3 count of each. They also included a nice little write-up about each brewery, how they become, who they are what there year round styles are and one of there favorite recipes to make with the beer thats in the pack.

This is when i was first getting in homebrew and craft beer. Lets just say after 3 months i was done with it. The beers you get are very east and west. Meaning thell send you a pilsner and stout in the middle of summer. I did get a decent couple brews (ipswich, cisco, fire island) in the 3 months but for the price and my then knowledge at the time i could walk into my local distributor and pick up 3 6 packs of great beer for the same price (within reason)

Only thing i really enjoyed about it was that on the first shipment they sent 4 packs of flavored nuts 4 4-ounce tasting glasses and a chrome rubber handle bottle opener.

I think that the majority of these clubs will offer standard 'craft' beer. Meaning lots of cream ales, pale ales, maybe an IPA, and a stout but you really won't get the heavy hitters of the craft scene.

I think that northern brewer did a recipe of the month club. That sure is something that I would want to be part of!

I also get the rare beer club.... I'm on my third month and I'm having a blast with it. Definitely non-standard craft beers in there, which I am happy for because I wanted something to challenge my palate a bit.

I also get the rare beer club.... I'm on my third month and I'm having a blast with it. Definitely non-standard craft beers in there, which I am happy for because I wanted something to challenge my palate a bit.

Since the site didn't say what they send, can you give me an idea of what comes with it?

Just saw this on Beer Pulse ...

http://beerpulse.com/2012/12/russian-river-alesmith-the-lost-abbey-available-to-order-through-craft-beer-connect/

Different tiered levels of beer packages:

Tier 1 (Classics): $25 per month / 6 x 22 oz. beers – Perfect introductory package. Includes roughly 30% of all 22oz beers in the CBC catalog. You’ll get a package of 6 beers each month. Pick 3 Tier 1 beers and we’ll shoot you two of each beer.

Tier 2 (Premiums): $35 per month / 6 x 22 oz. beers – Perfect package for the seasoned aficionado. Includes roughly 70% of all 22oz beers in the CBC catalog. You’ll get a package of 6 beers each month. Pick 3 beers from Tier 1 or Tier 2 and we’ll send you two of each beer.

Tier 3 (Specialties): $50 per month / 6 x 22 oz. or 750ml beers – All-inclusive package. Includes all 22oz and 750ml beers featured in the CBC catalog especially seasonal, exclusive, limited brew stock featured only for Tier 3 members. You’ll get a package of 6 beers each month. Pick any 3 22oz or 750ml beers on our site and we’ll send you two of each beer.

Tier 4 (12 oz. beers): $30 per month / 12 x 12 oz. beers – For the variety seeker. This pack includes all 12oz beers in the CBC catalog. Each month’s shipment includes one twelve pack. Pick 4 beers and we’ll deliver 3 of each to your doorstep.

rare beer club the last 4-5 months rodenbach, the bruery, cigar city, jesterking, grand teton, cisco island brewers, de proef, and a bunch of belgian breweries i dont know the names of off the top of my head

I know that this is an extremely old thread, but I signed up with these guys toward the end of last year and have really been enjoying their beer so far:

https://craftbeerclub.com/

The customer service has been outstanding, as well.

If anyone is inclined to try this, either as a gift or as part of your own rotation, I think you will be pleased with what you get.

Back