fordham copperhead ale replica anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeyakid

Reaction score
ok so i was tasting beers and i happen to like a beer called fordham copperhead ale, i would like to make this type of beer, does anyone know of an ingredients kit that would make an ale close to this one, thanks if you can help out : )

ok so i was tasting beers and i happen to like a beer called fordham copperhead ale, i would like to make this type of beer, does anyone know of an ingredients kit that would make an ale close to this one, thanks if you can help out : )

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but searched the forum for a fordhan copperhead ale clone recipe.

I was able to find the recipe. It is

Started with the Altbier recipe here

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/recipe/59df4d6b/

Included Ingredients
Weyermann Pilsner 7 lbs, 8 oz
Gambrinus Dark Munich 1 lbs, 8 oz
Weyermann Dark Wheat 1 lbs, 0 oz
De-Bittered Black 0 lbs, 2 oz
Magnum Pellets, GR 1 oz @ 60 mins
Spalt, German Pellets .5 oz @ 20 mins
Spalt, German Pellets .5 oz @ 5 mins
S-04 1 ea

Recipe Specifications
Recipe Notes
Mash for 60min at 150F to increase fermentability. Draw off 6.1 gallons of runnings, boil for 60 minutes. Use kettle finings (whirlfloc or Irish moss) at 15 minutes. Allow beer to sit in primary for at least 3 weeks, then transfer to keg. Pressurize to 2.3-3.1 volumes of CO2 (12PSI @ 35F), and lager at 35F for at least four weeks before tapping and serving.

Going to brew it this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out

Latest posts

Back