Dry Hopped Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done several dry-hopped ciders in 5 gallon batches. My 2 favorites are as follows:

1 - Ferment with S-04 English Ale yeast until done, dry hop with 15 g each Citra and Simcoe for 5 days

2 - Ferment with Conan yeast until done, dry hop with 60 g each Citra and Mosaic for 5 days

My wife loves the first one, and I can't get enough of the 2nd one. It's on tap now, and it's not going to last much longer!

I've done several dry-hopped ciders in 5 gallon batches. My 2 favorites are as follows:

1 - Ferment with S-04 English Ale yeast until done, dry hop with 15 g each Citra and Simcoe for 5 days

2 - Ferment with Conan yeast until done, dry hop with 60 g each Citra and Mosaic for 5 days

My wife loves the first one, and I can't get enough of the 2nd one. It's on tap now, and it's not going to last much longer!

Excellent! I was just asking about dry hopping cider in a thread I started today. Interesting you used Conan as I happen to have a good supply on hand that I use for my NE IPA's. I was told by a pro brewer he used Lemon Drop as a dry cider hop so my plan is coming together. I think I'll try 1.5 oz after fermentation is complete before kegging/carb.

Back