the beer machine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgibbs

Reaction score
hi i have been successfully brewing beer at home for a number of years. my wife has bought me a beer machine ive tried it but it dont seem to working right i think the problem is the pressure valve as my on dont seem to be pressurising, beer is fermenting ok . when i put water on the seal it bubbles but i though that this was ment to pressurise can u help us out before i kill the wife thanks

It looks like it is working exactly as designed according to their instructions. I suspect it just doesn't hold as much pressure as you'd like.

not working right its got a gauge to show the pressure it should be in the green mine although fermenting has no pressure i think top seal not working

I have 3 of them, a very finicky piece of equipment... where they get you is the seals wear out fast. I use mine now for kegging, I put 2 gallons in and bottle the rest. I let it age about 2 weeks in the beer machine(put about 10 coopers carb drops in for priming) I put it in the fridge for about a week and presto. uses 8 gram soda chargers. expect to use about 3 CO2 cartridges for a 2 gallon batch.

Back