Immersion Chiller for 10g blichmann Boilermaker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antler

Reaction score
Well I'm finally biting the bullet. If the weather clears in the morning I'm heading into the city to pick up a 10 gallon blichmann kettle, I've decided to stick with 5 gallon batches. With the dip tube and temp probe, what immersion chiller setups are you guys using? I'll be making one myself just wondering what everyone's look like to solve the problem of the dip tube and temp probe...

Just make sure it is narrow enough to fit to the bottom out of the way of the probe. Mine narrows towards the bottom, but only because I made it myself and didn't bend the top quite as tightly. From what I've seen, the pre-made ones are narrow enough.

Thanks guys. I'll be building a chiller myself, shouldn't be difficult to work around the probe. Is soldering 90* elbows onto the chiller safe for the wort? I was thinking instead of bending the copper (where it enters/exits the coils, comes up out of the kettle) I'd solder elbows on, make things look a little neater.

I recommend buying the chiller. It cost me as much to make it as it would to buy it, and it'll never look as good.

I know cost to buy/build will be the same, but with the added costs of shipping it would be far cheaper to build. Probably cost $40+ to ship it to eastern Newfoundland.

Back