Bar or Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slater

Reaction score
So I am torn between building a bar or making a kegerator out of the whirlpool mini fridge we have (not even sure if this is possible as it has a small freezer compartment) that says EL05C on the inside, not sure what the model or size is as it wasn't mine.

My question is which is more expensive? I can always do one a year or so after I do the other. Here is my scenario...

We currently live in a small 2 bedroom apartment and SWMBO likes the idea of brewing because she can help (even though she doesn't drink) and it's better than me doing something on my computer while she is doing other things. The mini fridge is hers but she said we could make it into a kegerator. We are move from our tiny apartment to renting an 1100 square foot townhouse with an unfinished basement (not included in the square footage) which basically doubles our space. Now I was thinking maybe making half of the basement with small straight or L-shape bar, can't do anything drastic as we are renting. I figured if I made the bar first I could always make a kegerator later.

But really it comes down to money, moving to the bigger place is happening at the end of May and money will be tight once we move. So really the main question is, Making a kegerator from a mini fridge or making a bar cheaper?

I've been looking around and eventually I would want both so I can keg beer and have a bar, but right now I am just looking for some input.

Thanks for any input.:mug:

May I suggest a kegerator with tower for now? Could always rearrange the parts later and install in a bar with the tower on the top and fridge under it...

Make a kegerator...but this is the kicker...When you build the kegerator, put it up on a stand of some kind. So the top of the fridge is at bar level. Then just add a top to it, throw some legs on the underside of the top to support the sides and BAMM!!!! kegerator and bar.

Latest posts

Back