SmartStrip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NUCC98

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used one of these? Do they work? If you don't use one, how do most of you tell how much is left in your kegs...or do you even care? :D

NUCC98 said:
Has anyone ever used one of these? Do they work? If you don't use one, how do most of you tell how much is left in your kegs...or do you even care? :D

I lift it or give it a couple of taps. Not perfect, but good enough

homebrewer_99 said:
Maybe you should get one of those fish scales and weigh it empty first...;)

Hahahaha...you and your practicality!!! ;) :D

Actually, there's an idea a firend of mine's working on using a cheap digital scale in the fridge. Snipping the battery wires, so that you can hook up a battery as need to take a measurement...

NUCC98 said:
Hahahaha...you and your practicality!!! ;) :D

Actually, there's an idea a firend of mine's working on using a cheap digital scale in the fridge. Snipping the battery wires, so that you can hook up a battery as need to take a measurement...

Would having a keg constantly sitting on a scale affect it's calibration? In terms of a mechanical scale, I could see any springs getting worn and eventually giving a heavier reading than it should. There might be something similiar that happens when an electronic scale is subjected to a constant weight. Something for your friend to look into and test :)

Back