Sterilization

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JiveTurkey

Reaction score
Corvallis (Heart of the [Willamette] Valley), Oreg
This is one of the few threads actually about sterilization (as opposed to sanitation).

I'm laying around home recovering from this morning's vasectomy. However, I'm looking forward to a celebratory brew tonight.

Last night while picking out some beers for my "vacation" of rest this weekend, I saw a new beer at the store called "Vas Deferens Ale" from Caldera Brewing in Ashland, OR. Too coincidental, so I bought it to celebrate tonight with my wife (oh and to use as a natural painkiller).

You can see the label here: http://www.calderabrewing.com/Page.asp?NavID=24 (near the bottom).

I'll report back tonight with a review.

[Sorry if this post was too much information!]

I think this might be one of the greatest threads ever as I was expecting someone was trying to sterilize their fermenter or something. Instead you sterilized yourself.
:mug:

Here we go:
vas_deferens.jpg

LMAO.. That's too funny..
sorry about your boys. it hurts for just a little while thought. ;)

I'm confused. At 8.1% abv, that beer sounds pretty potent! Ba-dum-dum. Looking forward to the review and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Hahaha- that's awesome! I love the label: " a little snip of this, a little snip of that". LOL.

That's a Vas Deferens ale. For those of you who go through it, the next beer should be Viva La Difference ale. Quick- go make one!

The first, um, act, after the vasectomy waiting period is so liberating! No condoms, no birth control items, no pills. You'll need a celebratory ale for that, too.

The brew pours relatively dark, yet clear. Held to the light, it becomes a disturbingly blood red.

Best served in a chilled pint glass, served between one's legs to help minimize swelling.

The nose contains that typical spicy Belgian aroma, though not enough to bring on cauterization flashbacks.

The Belgian yeast comes through in the flavor as well, with the orange zest coming in later (once one's body heat warms the beer up a bit). At 8.1% ABV, the alcohol flavor is surprisingly non-existent, yet its anti-pain effects are working very well. :drunk:

Oh and by the way, during the procedure, I was talking with the doc. After mentioning this ale, he mentioned he'd been a homebrewer for the past 10 years.

Latest posts

Back