Going to see Foo Fighters in Indy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrock

Reaction score
Anybody else going? The concert is tonight at Conseco Fieldhouse. The wife and I are preparing for the 2 hour drive right now. Anybody else going? Or barring that, who else loves the Foo Fighters?

Anybody have suggestions on where to eat dinner before the show? I'd like a place with a quality beer and food selection, but don't want to have a 2 hour meal........and keep in mind we'll be wearing shorts and t-shirts.

there's a pub called McNivens thats downtown. It's ALL scottish and they have a pile of scottish beers on tap that i had never had before. That's good. There's a Buca Di Beppos downtown but you probably will have hte 2 hr thing there. Ummm... Its hard to say who's got a great brew selection... Let me call my broseph... brb

Edit: Brother lives in Indy. He says McNivens is the spot. http://www.yellowbot.com/mcnivens-restaurant-and-bar-indianapolis-in.html

Good music, not a good performance.

I have seen them before and if you like concerts where the musicians sit/stand behind their instruments and dont really intertain just play then you will find it most enjoyable.

Hell, even with a broken leg years ago Anthony ketis (spelling) of the chili peppers jumped around the stage and put on a show.

Just got back from Indy.........killer show! Dave Grohl was all over the place. They had a catwalk set up so Dave walked up and down it while playing. For part of the show they dropped a second stage, complete with drums and piano, at the other end of the catwalk. Taylor Hawkins has been my favorite drummer for a while now, and he didn't disappoint either. He had a 5-minute drum solo that was -- as Evan! might say -- the tits.

I didn't get the restaurant suggestions before we took off, so we hit a microbrewery called Alcatraz. Good food (though it was a limited menu), and good beers. I had the APA and it was good........though it didn't compare to the Ruination IPA from yesterday.

Back