Does this sound like a good brew to you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmckee56

Reaction score
Yesterday I made up 2 batches of beer. The first was an IPA which I have done previously and am happy with the results. The second was my first attempt at this style, so I was looking for some input on my batch.

American Cream Ale

I used the following ingredients in a 55 minute boil:

3.3# Extra Light LME
2# Plain Light DME
1 oz Vanguard Hops Pellets (4.0 AA)
1/2 oz Vanguard Fresh Hops (?? AA)

Last 15 minutes of boil:

1 1/2 tsp Irish Moss

Last 5 minutes of boil:

1/2 oz Vanguard Fresh Hops

Yeast: WLP-008 Ale Yeast

As of this morning, there was slight activity in the airlock. I am not concerned about that, more the ingredient list and what I can expect from the items I have used. Also, what hop if any could I use for dry hopping improve the end result

Just looking for something light for the last few months of the summer.

All responses are appreciated.

Salute! :mug:

Appreciate the input on the Hallertauer Hops. I have some in the back yard, but they are not yet ready to harvest. Guess I can make a run to the LHBS.

I know the ingredient list is quite simple, but I am curious about what the final product might turn out as. Will this brew be light (1.042 OG)? Color wise will I see something akin to a miller light or a bit darker. No grain addition to the extract brew, so I anticipate it is going to be rather straight forward.

Salute! :mug:

Back