Help with Boil Screen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveo929

Reaction score
So I have this boil screen that I bought from Northern brewer...problem is when I attach it to my Weldless fitting in a converted keg it leaves about 1 gallon of liquid still in the bottom. So I bought some copper piping and tried to run 2 L bends to get the screen closer to the bottom but now the screen is too long to fit in the keg without me needing to bend it all up. Plus the copper tubing doesn't create a seal so I would need to weld...which I don't want to do and don't know how to do. Can anyone help? Thanks guys.

CIMG1762.jpg

CIMG1759.jpg

I don't use a screen, I just use the diptube. Solder your copper, bag your hops and you'll be just fine.

I think I might have to make a dip tube or something by bending copper i guess...I dunno what to do anymore. I wanted to use this boil screen but I might not be able to now. How the hell do you make a dip tube?

I'm going to assume you are using it in your BK. I tried the same thing in mine and the results were disasterous. Clogged every time! I had much better results with running my dip tube to the edge of the keggle and using a whirlpool to stack the trub in the center. Leaving a little behind for me was better than the clogging frustration. I've seen the hopstopper type ran to the center of the keggle. Check out BobbyM's info on this as he explains it.

Back